15 November 2014

Terrarium in Drawer (last updated Nov. 15)

Yes, yes, I know already have a ton of things to do and am starting to overextend myself, but I really wanted to take a breather from some of the more serious stuff I was doing with just a fun, goofy work, which is why I decided to pick this up. Terrarium in Drawer, a 1-volume collection of oneshots by Kui Ryoko, a relatively new mangaka. I only heard about it a week ago because it was nominated for the Manga Taishou award. Maybe doing this can draw in some more interest and get groups to pick up her other works

Download:
Terrarium in Drawer c1-4:   Sendspace

11 comments:

  1. Holy crap. I really wanted to read this after I saw it. And I got to read Ashizuri Suizokukan, another Taishou award nominee this week thanks to Illuminati.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, an untranslated manga getting picked up shortly after I post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for chapters!

    And this is unrelated, but (among other things) THANK YOU for translating Punpun, and Franken Fran! What a lot of work. Also greatly enjoyed your manga quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get the first story but other threes are a great read. And i love how the style changes along the chapters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you've never read a shoujo manga. It's a joke about how so many of them have drama that heavily rely on misunderstandings that could be so easily resolved if the characters could just talk honestly about their feelings for just 5min.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the reply
      I'm not really fond of shoujo manga. The style and the way they overuse tones is always a turn off to me. I can only remember Cat Street that i liked.

      Delete
  5. Wow! this woman is crazy. Nice job Hox. Hoping to see more of it translated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the manga, Hox. Btw, when will you pick up Vinland Saga again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might interest you, if it is what I think it is.

    https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=92956

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://mega.co.nz/#!Uko2DQra!jF2A6lAajoKMYAdF8dvf-VjA5TTlaF-jpTxow4LDqaM

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was great. Definitely a unique artist with some delightful creative quirks. I love how she shifts visual styles across chapters. It's also interesting to read manga stories of such extreme brevity that aren't *purely* gags (the exception perhaps being the first story, which was hilarious all the same).

    ReplyDelete