15 August 2016

Wombs v1 (complete)

Chapter 8 is done and with it, volume 1, as well. I made a ton of typos in a fair number of minor translation errors in the previous chapter releases, so I fixed them all for the batch volume release. I hope people are enjoying this unusual series. Shirai Yumiko does a good job at very gradual world-building, as opposed to heavy info dumps, so that readers will know just enough to understand the events of each chapter but still have enough questions so that they'll keep reading. If only she could improve her character art, she could become a mangaka to closely follow for many years to come.

Download:
Wombs v1:   Mega (fixed tons of errors present in chapter releases)
Wombs c08:   Mega


New SF-series that Happyscans and I are picking up because it's short and has an interesting premise. Thanks to the guy on /a/ for recommending it. I won't say anymore because it'll be more interesting if you go into it blind. Although I prefer to do volume releases, I have a few other projects I also want to do so I'm going to take my time and do weekly releases (or maybe once every other week).
I have no idea what a megaramushi is, and neither do the dictionaries on the internet, so I'm assuming it's some in-universe native species? Either way, I left it untranslated just in case.
In case you're wondering, Armea doesn't actually go around calling them cunts in Japanese.  That's simply a localization choice.
Some things never change.
New chapter.
That's some pretty mild hazing.
I like how Shirai draws backgrounds and shades objects, but she really needs work on faces.

8 comments:

  1. So you picked it up after all, neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems the link for chapter 2 is broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were probably clicking it when I was reuploading a v2 version of the file. Try it again.

      Delete
    2. The link indeed works now! Thank you for the updated chapter.

      Delete
  3. Anywhere we can get the raws for vol 4 and 5 from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't find'em either. If anyone wants to buy and scan raws for me, let me know.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this new series. Still very unsure on which dystopian degree it will end, but thanks anyway for the recommendation and the great work translating it for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super thanks, hox!

    ReplyDelete