4 October 2014

Maneater/Tetsunagi Oni (half done)

I was planning to do more frequent and regular releases, but my life schedule is forcing me to do short bursts of releases instead. So here's chapter 6-11 of Maneater, which finishes up Maneater but only marks the half-way point of the re-released edition of Tetsunagi-Oni which includes both Maneater and Testunagi-Oni for a ~380 page volume as I mentioned before. Although I'm doing this oneshot collection more of as a showcase of Takahashi's art style since many of its stories, although amusing if you like black humour, aren't particularly impressive, there are a few chapters that I like the more I read them. In Maneater, even though I think the titular chapter "Maneater" will no doubt be most people's favourite, the above-pictured "Who's Being Hanged" is the real silent creeper for me due to its possible implications, whether intended by Takahashi or not.

In the second-half, Testunagi-Oni, I have a feeling either Takahashi himself or his usual readers responded most favourably to the titular chapter "Tetsunagi-Oni," hence the collection's title, but "My Father's Face" is by far more chilling for its social commentary. You'll see what I mean when I get to it.

Download:
Maneater c6-11:   Sendspace
Maneater:   Sendspace

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, this author is a new favorite of mine. His short horror stories have a certain feel to them, like simple dramatic irony. He seems to have possibly hundreds of other stories, I hope he becomes popular enough in the English readership to get more scanlated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will there be more chinggis khan Mr. Hox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I took a break last month but volume 3 should be out next week.

      Delete
  3. Another group is working on Takahashi Yousuke as well. I guess you ignited a fire in their hearts. This is pretty exciting, seeing his works suddenly get picked up for scanlation. Thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh all the dead links, really wanted to try this one out, any chance that it'll end up in the mega folder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://mega.nz/#!t0UiAaDb!IOqkRCQmaA2AresUG83_iX-IsnuqW2MBpG6Wd8JT8BI

      Delete
    2. Many thanks. A quick flipthrough and it looks fantastic.

      Delete